Common questions about the SBG
- Who can participate in the Solvay Business Game?
To be eligible for participation, the participant must be in BA3, MA1, or MA2. All MBA, CMA (complementary master), or PhD students will not be accepted.
- What does it cost to participate?
The subscription fee per team is 100€. This includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks throughout the event. Please note that this fee is only applicable to the teams that pass the selection round.
In addition, as participants of the Solvay Business Game we offer you rooms at a discount rate of 88€ per night at the Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel****.
- How can I apply?
The entire application process will be held on this website. To apply, simply click on “register here” and follow the indicated steps.
- How should my team take the selection test?
You do not have to sit next to each other to take the test but you have to be able to communicate. There are 2 dates to take the test, we advise you to take it as soon as possible!
- When will the Solvay Business Game take place?
The 12th edition of the Solvay Business Game will be held on the 8th and 9th of March 2019.
- Where will the Solvay Business Game take place?
At the luxurious Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel****
- Which language will be used?
The entire event will be held in English.
- Do I have to bring a laptop?
Your computer will be an essential tool. One laptop minimum is required per pair.
- What is the dress code?
- Do I need specific prior knowledge in order to participate?
Every case will be introduced beforehand. However, we do encourage you to read about the different topics (Marketing, Negotiation, Strategy and Pitching) and the different companies (they are the ones that will provide you with the cases, which will be related to their business) before the event.
- Will I have the opportunity to apply for an internship or job?
The Solvay Business Game will be a good opportunity for you to meet corporate partners.
The organising team
- Who can be part of the organising team?
Every motivated student of the Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management.